Friday, February 19, 2010

Baseball Is Just Around The Corner

Pitchers and catchers reported for the start of spring training the other day. That is a sure sign that warm weather cannot be to far off. The crack of the bat, the pounding of horsehide into oiled up leather, and the smell of freshly mowed grass.It is time for Cardinal nation to rise up again!

I get requests from a lot of people wanting to know if I have any photos of Cardinal baseball scenes. Although I love sports, I do not do much sports photography. Not that I don't want to, but getting in to any major sports event now as a photographer takes an act on Congress and major league connections. (Big pun intended there) I have a couple of old Bush stadium scenes from the final games of it's last season. A lot of people have great memories from there and want copies of both the day and night scenes.

My goal is to attend more games this year and try to get some good baseball photos. They do not let you bring big lenses into the stands, so I am going to have to scrounge up some seats close to the field. (Ouch! $$$)  But when you do get good seats near the field, you can get some really good photos. I shot these a couple years ago with my Canon 20D and used a 70-200mm f2.8L IS lens with a 1.4 extender. A day game with the Brewers had been pushed back to a night game early in the season. Cold and rainy, attendance was as sparse as I have ever observed at Bush in a long time. The good thing about that was being able to go sit right behind the Cardinal dugout for the entire game. I am hoping to get that chance again a time or two this year. I will definately do better and take a lot more photos.
PLAY BALL!







No comments:

Post a Comment