Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Photo of the Day


Welcome to the Scott Evers Photography Blog. Once I get the hang of this, my goal is to post a new photo every day. I will explain what the subject is, how I took the photo, and any insight I may be able to give to help you with your photography. I am always working and trying to improve my skills. If I can help someone else, it will also help me. So this is all new to me and it may take me some time to learn how to do this, so please be patient if I do not respond right away.

The Bald eagle - (Haliaeetus leucocephalus) I shot this photo on January 13th, 2010 at the Alton IL. Lock and Dam area. Nice sunny day but very, very, cold. I use all Canon equipment. A Canon 50D camera, 500mm f4L IS lens with a 1.4 extender. This gives me 700mm of lens. The best place to consistently get action shots is on the Missouri side of the river at the Riverland Wetlands area. The eagles fish the waters just below the gates of the dam.

No comments:

Post a Comment