Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Day At The Beach

Sitting at my computer looking out the window at the gray dreary skies and feeling the damp cold. The weather forcast just came up for the next five days and it did not look to promising. Luckily I will be in sunny Southwest Florida in 9 days! Heading down to Ft. Myers and Sanibel Island for a week of R&R and some photography. I had promised my wife a trip down to visit her parents and hit the beach. I visit this area often, and Sanibel Island is my favorite place in Florida. So today you get the classic post card shots of  beach scenes. Hoping it will inspire you to go ahead and book that trip! I have probably been on almost every beach on both coasts of Florida over the years. The photo above was taken at Ft. Desoto State Park. The empty lifeguard stand was getting a fly by from a flock of Black Skimmers.
   
The photograph of the "Endless Cabanas" I made on Ft. Myers Beach. I used my 70-200 to compress the view and make them appear closer together. I was there in the off season so the lack of people in the early morning made the shot. The Hobie Cat Sailboats and rental shack were shot on Clearwater Beach. "Hobies In Waiting" is a favorite and I love the simple composition. I like the distinct layers of sand, water, and sky.  


But here is my favorite classic post card beach scene. I jokingly call this "Scott & Janna's Retirement Spot"
Shot on Clearwater Beach, the mix of sunlight, clouds, shadows, and blue skies was perfect here. Just stare at it and picture yourself sitting there with a cooler of iced adult beverages and a good book. The stress just melts away. Have a great day and think warm thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment