Friday, February 5, 2010

Photos of the Day



Here are a couple photos of Northern Cardinals that I took in my back yard. The Northern Cardinal (Cardinalis cardinalis) or Redbird is a North American bird in the cardinal family. It is found from Canada throughout the eastern half of the United States down to northern Guatemala and Belize. Since they do not migrate, they are year round visitors at my backyard bird feeders. These photos were shot with my Canon 50D and a 500mm lens, coupled to a 1.4 extender. This allows me to reach them while shooting from my porch. Although the males have the brighter plumage, I think the females are equally beautiful. They are aggressive birds and very territorial. Their antics and aggressive behavior provide hours of entertainment.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment