Monday, February 8, 2010

Photos of the day


In honor of Mother Nature I am posting a couple of my favorite winter landscape scenes. We are expecting snow over the next 48 hrs. that may accumulate to 4-8 inches depending on who you listen to. Now for many regions that is a common occurance in winter. But here in the Midwest it will cause some people problems and distress. At least it will not be the really horrible ice that we get. That is the real winter problem here.  Winter landscapes are beautiful, but I have a hard time getting some quality photos of them. The weather here can really be gray and gloomy for a week straight with no sunlight.  This photograh of the Madison County Bike Trail  is one of my personal favorites. This portion of the trail runs through the Southern Illinois at Edwardsville campus. This section is running downhill and has a series of four bridges of which three of them can be observed in this scene. I took this with my fist digital camera, a Nikon Coolpix 5700. The covered bridge is the Surgar Creek Bridge. This is one of the only covered bridges left in Illinois. It is located in Southern Sangamon County just west of Interstate 55. The bridge is on the National Historic Register. I have photographs of this bridge in all the seasons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment